Tuesday, March 07, 2006


THE LONGEST NOTE HELD

How can I pick them? I don't know. Am I that in touch with every note in the world? Was I a note born as a human being? I've always fantasized about being the longest note ever held.

My three purchases of the new year (all right, I had a HP friend burn me the Cat Power, but I buy more than enough music to be allowed a few pirates in the collection) are all absolutely stellar. They all hit different chords of the human psyche. They all make you laugh, cry and rage (sometimes silently).

I urge you all to go buy The Life Pursuit by Belle & Sebastian (blimey, that's bouncy), The Greatest by Cat Power (I feel it honey; will you marry me?) and Mr. Beast by Mogwai (so beautiful and loud).

How I could have left Cat Power go unheard by my ears for so long I do not know. My mind will never forgive me.

Hold Steady, you rocked my world when you took me to The Commodore to witness Mogwai. For that I will always be in your debt.

3 Comments:

Blogger hold steady said...

Indeed, some strong albums released so far.

Therzo, there's no question the night of the Mogwai concert changed our lives forever. However, with Mr. Beast, they promise to rock our world yet again.

9:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you guys gay?

6:59 p.m.  
Blogger Dr. Fatty said...

Who knows? Perhaps we were lovers in a previous life. As for this life, I can't say we've been gay together.

5:57 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home