Friday, February 10, 2006


THE EARLY CONTENDER IS IN THE HOUSE


I'm about half way through this album. On first listen I can tell it will clearly be in the running for album of the year all the way through. This is not a review, just a note to tell you suckers to smash the Franz Ferdinand cd and buy some real UK music. B&S keep doing it.

I can't stand I'll miss the show next month in Vancouver.

On another note, yesterday, for only the third or fourth time in the past ten years I watched a movie while not stoned. That's right ladies, on all those dates I was stoned. Oh, yeah, I forgot, those weren't really dates. In any case, The Machinist is hot stuff. Christian Bale must be the best actor in the business right now. I didn't have any high hopes for him because of American Psycho, which was a horrible rendition of an even worse book. How did that jackass Brett Easton Ellis ever get an initial book deal?

Bad writers and heartless musicians make me sick.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo,

Yeah, I finally got my home internet back up and running. Been awhile since we spoke, so I thought I'd browse the ol' Blog o' Ron...I just picked up this album this week too. Love it. I went to buy tix for the show the weekend that they came out and they were already sold out!!!! Pissed. Although Rob and I did catch them at the Orpheum the last time they rolled into town. That show can be heard on the CBC website - Just Concerts. I didn't know you were a B&S fan. But I'm glad.

C

5:54 p.m.  
Blogger joz said...

Christian Bale's "major label debut" was a tiny little film called EMPIRE OF THE SUN directed by Steven Spielberg.

7:27 p.m.  
Blogger Dr. Fatty said...

The correction has been made.

2:26 p.m.  
Blogger hold steady said...

The Machinist is a friggin awesome movie.

Recently saw Capote.. Ron another great flick to see not stoned. P.S Hoffman has my vote for best actor at the Oscars.

5:05 p.m.  
Blogger Dr. Fatty said...

I've heard very good things about Capote.

While I'm not swearing off the sweet weed, I do plan on watching movies while not high from now on. Unless, of course, the movie actually calls for it, like Harold & Kumar and the anticipated sequel.

The Machinist was insanely good. How can such good movies like that go relatively unnoticed, but the likes of Date Movie get a wide release? Hollywood, and the american movie-hype machine should go the way of the steel dildo.

6:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home