Sunday, January 29, 2006



I SOMETIMES KICK MYSELF... DAMN IT! DID YOU NOT HEAR ME? I SAID I SOMETIMES KICK MYSELF. IT'S COVERS.

Here's what makes a good Sunday. For the normal people, I mean a good Saturday.

Wake up past 9 a.m. Brush your teeth, wash your face and rinse your mouth with (unsaid, but really loved) mouth wash. Read about 25 pages of "Lif of Pi", by Yann Martel. Head out to get a coffee at Cafe Beanno; have a cigarette while walking home and sipping said coffee. Come in and mess with the cats for a few minutes. Head back out. Walk to Ship & Anchor, have two pints of Kold along with a grilled chicken sandwich with a great borscht. Then have two double Jack Daniels in a tall glass with lots of ice. Talk to a divorced local who's contemplating wether (correct usage?) to sell stocks to buy a house or keep on trying the market. Nice guy who seems more into football than hockey. Next, pay the bill and head out puffing on your fifth cigarette of the afternoon. Stop at Megatunes and buy The Shins' "Oh, Inerted World" and Tortoise/Bonnie Prince Billy "The Brave and The Bold". Get home and get lost in the latter.

(This album has a date of 2005 on the back, but I believe it was released in 2006.)

6 Comments:

Blogger hold steady said...

Cigarettes?? C'mon therzo. Double JD's on a Sunday afternoon..fine..we've all been there at one point or another. But seriously..cigarettes?

5:07 p.m.  
Blogger Dr. Fatty said...

Yes, I'm on a cigarette kick this week. But, that's it. I just woke up after a four hour pass out session and I feel bad.

7:20 p.m.  
Blogger Random Thoughts said...

Them smokes will kill you -- need to stick to good living through alcohol.

Glad to hear that you've finally got to the S&A -- and you still haven't had to suffer through the bad weather yet (a 9 degree forecast for today).

Enjoy your time in the Stampede city.

8:00 a.m.  
Blogger Dr. Fatty said...

Once again, I think I'm off alcohol forever. I'm off it all from now on. Only clean, natural living.

8:15 a.m.  
Blogger joz said...

let's get some damn pics up on this site, or update your Flikr site. And you call yourself a photo journalist. Shame! Shame! I say it again, Shame!

2:08 p.m.  
Blogger Dr. Fatty said...

Okay, after today's two beers and bit of weed I'm going all natural.

5:20 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home