Saturday, January 14, 2006

MAKE WAY FOR THE S O V

"It's Miss Sovereign, the tichy (?) t'ing,
Naw I don't have 50 rings,
but I got 50 things to say, in a cheeky kind of way, okay?"
- Ch Ching

This girl is the hottest thing to come out of hip hop in a while. No surprise Jay-Z's got her taking over North America. She's the self-proclaimed "white midget" from England.

That accent fits hip hop very well.She's cocky and funny. Props to her producers. Check out the e.p. Vertically Challenged. It's all I've heard so far but I'll be checking out some more. She's got a Basement Jaxx-produced song about hoodies and has a Save The Hoodies campaign going on to get some respect for hoodies and their wearers; sounds very Conan O'brien, which is good.

Anyways, to us on this side of the ocean she'll sound similar to M.I.A., also a good thing. And her "Ch Ching" and what follows is better than Gwen's. She's short and sassy like a young Liz Phair.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeffish said...

Hey Rzo,

the peeps should take your advice.
(I always do)
Check this shit at:
Lady Sovereign's Profile

Later.

12:04 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home