Wednesday, April 19, 2006

MY, OH MY. WHAT TO DO? OHH, WHAT TO DO?

June 12 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada:

@ The Commodore Ballroom plays Built to Spill

@ Richard's plays The Fiery Furnaces

I have to hope their sets are staggered which is unlikely. But, I've seen Built to Spill three or four times and have yet to see The Fiery Furnaces. They haven't played Vancouver in nearly two years. Plus, it would be sweet to hear what the Friedbergers come up with live.

So, I'm pretty much convinced already to go the latter's show; but, if anyone can change my mind I'm listening.

3 Comments:

Blogger hold steady said...

My rule of thum is to spend money on bands I haven't seen yet. The Fiery Furnaces are cutting edge. I may join you.

Plus Eleanor is one sexy indie-babe.

6:12 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah listen to Hold Steady and see new bands - especially after BTS suckered us into that stadium show on their "final" tour at Bumbershoot like four years ago. I'll bring my doppelganger to FF and we'll all go wild. You want tix to TV on the radio - $19 at Ricardo's en Ricardo's.
- Pedro

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger Dr. Fatty said...

Hey, if you go to festivals, you sucker yourself. Festivals are great for a good mix of sounds, but they're short sets and there's not vibe or intimacy created.

As for TVOTR I'm all hooked up. I don't imagine you'll have a hard time getting rid of extra tix.

For FF, Pedro brings his doppelganger, I bring my zepellin. Hold Steady, what you got?

4:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home