Friday, November 04, 2005

FIRST BIG PURCHASE OF THE DAYS.

Hello, all, from Calgary! Or is that howdy?

I arrived yesterday afternoon at about 4 p.m. local time. Soon thereafter I made my first few purchases. I went down to the dollar store to buy a shower curtain, thumb tacks, trimming scissors, and a soapdish. I forgot to get pads for my furniture to protect the hardwood floors in my new apartment.

Anyways, the real purchase came an hour later as I got my Clutch tickets. I only bought the one extra one so I couldn't offer it to the two girls that came knocking on my door after I returned, drunk, from The Watchmen (?) pub around the corner.

I'd heard about the friendliness of the city, but didn't think it would be so immediate. Francine and Jessica introduced themselves to me. They live right next door to me; lucky me. I told them I was expecting cookies too from what I've heard and they said they'd actually thought of that, but they didn't have any, or ingredients to make them. We chatted a bit and I mentioned that Bedouin Soundclash and Broken Social Scene are also playing soon, and though they haven't heard either band, they're up for checking them out. I think this could be a good move.

One thing, it's fucking cold. And we haven't even hit December, which is the first of three months when the average high does not go above zero. Maybe this wasn't the best possible move to have made.

Hey Funky Dude, you should have sacrificed the one night shift and been a man instead of the little girl you always will be.

To anyone who has the balls, or estrogen enough, come visit. Let's get it on.

8 Comments:

Blogger hold steady said...

Sounds like a good start. Keep us posted. Don't freeze your balls off.

9:56 a.m.  
Blogger Lex said...

I may get out that way in Jan or Feb... Not the best weather I imagine, but at least your suburbs won't be burning.

10:30 a.m.  
Blogger Random Thoughts said...

Sounds like a good introduction to the city.

Enjoy!

10:51 a.m.  
Blogger Duncan said...

Sweet! A dollar store and a pub within the neighborhood, sounds like a good start. Alas you're wrong about both the shifts and the flight...regardless; glad you and your ladies made it there safe and sound and soon met the ladies next door. How's the parka situation? Enjoy the cold...pass on the new details via email ASAP so that the Revolution Hall of Records may be updated.

12:14 p.m.  
Blogger joz said...

Sounds Like a great start. Let us know when you phone gets hooked up.

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger joz said...

wait a sec...you are either posting from an internet cafe, or you phone line is already up, or I guess you internet could be cable.
Anyway. put up some pics of your pad and your neighbourhood.

8:53 p.m.  
Blogger Dr. Fatty said...

I'll post pics soon. Phone lines won't be in till Tuesday (Hush, hush; keep it down now. Voices carry.)

I've been hitting a local internet cafe.

Word.

10:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

After watching those last two hockey games, I think you may have made a good move. Have you converted already?
- PL

9:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home