Tuesday, December 05, 2006



AN OPEN LETTER...

IS COMING.

This post is just a pre-cursor to let you all know what is to come. I can't post it yet because I want it to be perfect. I'm talking about an open letter to the USA. Those of you who know me already have an idea of what I may write about. Or at least you think you have an idea. I think I may blow many of you away for what I am writing to the USA is an open love letter. It's been over two decades since I wrote my one and only love letter to date. That was to Deidre in grade 4 and I lost it. I'm quite sure someone would have picked it up and given it to her, but it didn't work the way I had hoped. We went on to barely talk to each other until grade 6 when I remember her calling me "lard ass" and I pretty much cut off all ties with her then.

So, you can see why I want to get this love letter just right. It won't be tongue in cheek either. Over the last few weeks I've learned what America is supposed to be; the blueprint they'd layed out for themselves and have strayed so far from in recent years. I don't expect to change others opinion, but I hope you'll see what I see in the USA now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Random Thoughts said...

Awaiting your letter...however, you might want to remember to address in the letter the issue of the US ladies' take on your shoes.

12:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just don't mention anything about Cuba! Jimmy Carter is the only person south of 49 that will give you an audience if you start waxin' all poetic about Havana's leadership - and he's not the President anymore.

2:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home