Sunday, August 25, 2002


*** The following is from a review e-mailed to the peops on June 25, 2002. ***

Hey kids. It's been a while, I know, and I'm positive you're all sitting there just waiting for the next review. If not let me know and I'll take you off this list.

In any case. Blackilicious has post-poned again.

As for Queens of the Stone Age, well, I'm sorry but there will be no recount of that night. It simply can not be put in to words. Let me just say this: you all missed out big time, with the exception of Jon and Al.

This past Saturday Rob and I saw something very special in its own right. 20 Miles graced the Railway Club. Judah Bauer puts the blues in Blues Explosion (man!). He was part of a trio that makes up the band right now. For those of you who haven't been to the Railway Club, it's a sweet pub that has the feel of a railcar. Very narrow, and lots of cougars. 20 Miles played a few classic tracks off of "I'm a Lucky Guy" as well as music from then until now. It's blues-based but with a pretty rocking feel and more country on the new stuff. Very nice. Nevertheless, since the gig so much has happened (mainly smoking pot) and I can't remember much else than gettin home past 2 and passing out.

Yet again, you all (except Rob) missed out. When will you learn.

This Sunday night: Chicago Underground Quartet. Yes!

Coming up in July is Fu Manchu. Get ready to rock. Make sure you roll beforehand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home