Sunday, August 25, 2002

Okay, kids, just two days from some serious action on the music front.

For those of you who were dying or simply nerding out on June 13 of this year, you missed out on one of the best rock shows ever put on. That was Queens of the Stone Age at Richard's on Richards. Very sweet action that night indeed.

Nevertheless, this Tuesday brings all the good people of the world a chance to pick up Songs for the Deaf, QOTSA's new album. Queens has yet to dissapoint with any of their music and this will likely go down as the album of the year. Though it does have very tough competition with Blackilicious' 'Blazing Arrow' and ...Trail of Dead's 'Source Tags & Codes'.

Also on Tuesday look for a re-release of Reservoir Dogs on DVD with several different packaging styles and I'm sure some special features.

Furthermore, I've lucked into a ticket to the second of two Wilco shows at the Commodore next weekend. There is no doubt that this will be a great show. Before that, I suggest y'all check out the Blues Explosion (w/ the Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs and the Liars) tomorrow night at the Commodore, as well as the Hot Snakes show on Wednesday night at Richard's.

There's also a new Sleater Kinney album out; I haven't heard it, but, come on, can it be bad? The answer is no.

Well, sadly, that's about it for now. But, I think that gives you all some stuff to do for the next while.

Also, if any of you have any of my old reviews of shows saved (from anything before Blackilicious) I'd appreciate it if you e-mailed me it so I can post it here for all the world to see. Have I had any hits yet?

Questions to ronmorgan@telus.net, and keep your damned comments to yourself. You can't improve on perfection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home