Monday, July 14, 2008

I CAN'T STAY QUIET OVER THIS OUTRAGE




This is absolutely ridiculous. The man in the above image, Ted Nolan, has been fired by the New York Islanders. More accurately, if reports we read are true, by Garth Snow, the GM of the Islanders. Garth Snow was a hack goalie and now he's proven himself to be a hack GM (in reality he should never have been hired as a GM, but the Islanders owner Charles Wang is almost as dumb as Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini).

In over two years Snow did not give Nolan a good team to work with. It's a wonder they actually did make the playoffs one year, and that Nolan even had a winning record there over two seasons. From all accounts I've read, players love playing for Nolan and some say he's their best coach ever. The problem here didn't lie with the coach. It didn't lie with the players either; they played to the best of their abilities, and quite frankly, it's not an overly talented bunch of players. The blame here has to go to the idiot GM who didn't put together a decent team. It should have been Snow to go, but he's in too tight with Wang.

As of now I've untied my bond to the Islanders. They have been my favourite team since 1980, the first year I really got into hockey. I'll always love the classic Islanders teams of the 1980s, and will likely even return to be an Islanders fan once the moron Snow dies or is relieved of his position. However, for now, I have to close the door on all things Islanders. I hope the organization goes under and/or the team loses all 82 regular season games every season until Snow leaves.

A few weeks after my heart attack and heart surgery I didn't think I'd feel this way towards anyone or anything, but this is too much.

GO, CANUCKS, GO!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go Cancucks, Go??

I didn't think we were drinking at lunch....

3:22 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

I have no comment on the post but wanted to say it's really good to see you blogging! I like reading your stuff. You amuse me.

But don't have anymore heart attacks k?

4:43 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

P.S. I really like that shirt. It would be a great late birthday present...*snicker*

4:44 p.m.  
Blogger Lex said...

There is still room on the Habwagon.

5:34 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home